Mid level and senior full-stack developers (LAMP stack) sought for collegial, small but fast-growing Electronic Health Records company. We’re specifically looking for people who can take ownership of some significant new feature development, as well as assist with importing electronic data for clients that are coming to us from another system, among other responsibilities.
And while experience is important, we’re above all looking for candidates with a rock solid work ethic, and the smarts (and common sense) to figure out solutions to problems they haven’t bumped into before. If that’s you, please apply!
About the Job
- Develop integrations with third-party software through a variety of APIs (both modern/RESTful APIs and legacy SOAP and SFTP systems). One early project may be development of an app for our existing Patient Portal!
- Import electronic data into our software for clients that are coming from another electronic system.
- Shepherd projects through code review, revision, UX review, beta testing, and deployment.
- Assist with technical support (we all pitch in!) and otherwise with tasks as needed to help the team.
- The job involves deploying updates and changes to web applications in a production environment. The ideal candidates will follow and understand best-practices, as well as how to work with legacy code-bases. And they will use that knowledge to help improve not only the product, but also our internal systems and practices. A successful candidate must hold themselves accountable to themselves, clients, and the team.
- Successful construction of Web application projects using LAMP stack.
- Comfortable with both OOP and Functional approaches to PHP programming.
- Comfortable with MySQL.
- Strong CSS and HTML skills.
- Basic Linux and Apache configuration and management experience.
- And above all, work ethic, common sense, and follow-through! You must be able to meet deadlines, multitask efficiently, and make sure that customers are happy.
It would also be nice if you…
- Have experience with medical workflows and vocabulary.
- Have experience with HL7 (version 2.x and 3).
- Have experience with CCDA/CCR/CCD XML formats.
- Have handled IT or Networking support in other positions
Education and Certifications
Formal education and certifications are a plus, but in no way required.
Competitive compensation based on experience, plus health, dental, 401k, PTO/ holidays, flex work options – see About Us below.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2+ professional references to Ajé at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d also love to see examples of your work. That could be code samples and/ or links to your Github account(s), Stack Overflow profile, etc.